Sunday, January 18, 2009

Careful With Firefox Extensions

I'm a big fan of Firefox Extensions because they make browsing the Internet so much easier. Having the option to make one's Internet Browser your own is what Firefox Extensions are all about. It's really all about making your Internet Session as smooth and pleasant as possible, and having top firefox extensions makes all the difference in the world. That said, you need to take care that you don't go crazy on installing too many extensions. The reason is that Firefox can start doing bad things, like crashing, and Firefox Extensions are often the culprit. Unless you want you Internet Browser to crash on you all the time, don't install too many Firefox Extensions.

The rule of the thumb for me is to install an extension and work with it over a period of a couple of days to a week, in this way, I can monitor Firefox behavior. If I notice anything unusual with my Browsing Sessions, I will then uninstall the extension and see if that fixes the problem. If there is no problem after installing a Firefox Extension, and Firefox seems to be running smoothly, then I'll go ahead and install the next extension. To me this is the best way to keep your browser healthy, but don't take my word for it, go nuts if that is what does it for you.

In the end, it really is a personal choice, and for those of you who love your Firefox Extensions, well who am I to stand in your way of instant gratification.

No comments: